hif 6

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: hif 6
From: "Diane S." <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:57:22 -0700
Hi, does anyone here have any experience with a hif 6 ?
ala la austin marina?

mine was having troubles, I took it apart and found the nut in the fuel bowl
holding the jet bottom loose. I tightened that,  and it still acts weird,
like it won't idle below 1300 rpm.

also in the past, even when it was running ok, I had to leave the vent tube
open, just hooking it up to the crankcase or covering it made the engine
die.

now, after tightening the nut and cleaning it, that appears to need to be
closed to run at all, or at least be hooked up to the crankcase vent. Pretty
strange.

any suggestions ? it normally runs real well and I get great gas mileage
normally.

thanks, Diane