"Project Drift"

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Project Drift"
From: EMPcoLWE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:45:56 EDT
Hello List
    I'm in the middle of stripping the paint off my MGA. It didn't start out
that way, but one thing lead to another, and...
    That's one question I have. My Step father calls this tendency "project
drift" and I was wondering if others have different names for it. The amazing
ability for seemingly insignificant projects to grow and multiply, becoming
greater and more time and money consuming than one would have imagined. I'm
also curious to hear the tales of woe as how this "project drift" started and
finished. Maybe I should at last start a web page and I could post these
tales. (Uh oh, is this project drift in action? )

    Other than that, I am taking the windshield frame apart and remember
reading somewhere that the kit sold by moss might not have the correct
threads in the assembly package. This could be my memory working against me,
and I don't want to post this as fact, 'cause it may not be. That would be
part number 323-958, I gather, looking at the Moss catalogue.
    Hmm. Maybe someone should sell an entire windshield rebuild kit. Mine
needs everything, including chrome.

Is it just me, or do those new VW beetles look like speed bumps from the side?

Eric Peterson
59 MGA
70 MGB
65 V.W. Panel Van