Re: "Project Drift"

To: EMPcoLWE@aol.com
Subject: Re: "Project Drift"
From: "John H. Reynolds" <johnr@mail.nwmissouri.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:46:37 -0500
Eric,

I have heard it called the "might as wells" - it goes something like this:
Well,
since I have to take the engine/tranny out, I might as well clean and paint the
engine bay, etc.!

Mine has actually been scaled back.  I have al the parts necessary to put my
1979
on the road in A1 condition, but I have decided again the frame-off restoration
procedure.  I want to drive this and if I go and strip every last nut and bolt,
powder coat everything, and paint the underside, then I'm not going to be done
for
another year and I won't want to drive it when I am done!

John Reynolds
1979 MGB (in restoration)

P.S.  If I am going to go through that much work, I am going to get a TF and
make
it worthwhile <grin>.