Cracked Crank

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cracked Crank
From: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:51:44 -0700
Well I pulled the pan and discovered the source of my engine clank. The
crank is cracked between the center main and #3 Rod. It was hard to
find, doesn't appear to be broken clear through but does flex up and
down. So now I need a replacement, anybody out there have a spare they
want to part with? I'll be driving from California up I-5 to Seattle on
Thursday (for a weeks family reunion) if anybody along the way has one
or knows where I can find one. It really is a miserable job getting at
the pan bolts with the engine in the car. I finally removed the motor
mount bolts and jacked the engine up a bit.

Ron
58 MGA