Re: Wiring a two-speed wiper motor

To: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring a two-speed wiper motor
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:00:48 -0600
Is this a later year MGB wiper motor? Will they work on a positive ground
car as is?

It just so happens that I am in relatively dire need of a wiper motor. I
managed to bring the dead one in my car back to life by taking it and the
wiper gear boxes apart, cleaning , and regreasing. It works now but
overheats if I have it running for more than four or five minutes. I found
that out during a big rain storm last week. Its working again now that it
has cooled down.

So I would be interested in whether a two speed motor  would work and how
to wire it also. And if anyone has a good deal on a new or used wiper motor.

I have an extra head light switch I would probably put to use for this,
which in some ways is a shame since I spent in excess of $30 for the wiper
switch last year.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT