Re: Wiring a two-speed wiper motor

To: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring a two-speed wiper motor
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:52:36 +0100
Bill - You have the later two-speed motor there that will need the
corresponding switch, this type came in in 1967, probably with the Mk II.  I
think you will need a UK three-position wiper toggle switch switch because
the North American cars got rockers switches at the same time, and the
earlier three-position toggle switch does not have the right contacts
actions for the motor.  The other alternative is to use the earlier toggle
switch to control a relay that controls the wipers.

Have a look at the web site below for schematics of all three types of
wipers - select 'Spanners', 'Electrics', 'Schematics' and 'Wipers.

David - Wiper motors work on both positive and negative ground - they just
go backwards on one of them!

PaulH.
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk