Re: Fluid for Lever Shocks

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fluid for Lever Shocks
From: "Kristian Chronister" <kchronister@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:59:50 -0000
Okay, here's a totally weird thought...

Why not 20/50 engine oil? It's 20W oil at room temp, that thins out no more
than straight 50W would under heat. So couldn't one say it's actually
stabler (i.e. stays at ~20W thickness under heat) than straight 20W which
would thin out as the shocks heat up? Pressure alone would likely heat 'em,
and at least on my MGA, engine compartment heat will DEFINITELY add some
temp to the front shocks...

Is there a real diff between dino juice and mineral oil? Aren't the one and
the same, really?