Re: Fluid for Lever Shocks

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fluid for Lever Shocks
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:41:16 -0700
Since the chief function of the shock oil is hydraulic, rather than
lubricant, a multi-viscosity oil doesn't sound right to me. Not to
mention unnecessary additives, detergents, whatever. Besides, one would
assume that the heat of compression was factored into the design in the
first place. The effect was discovered centuries ago... (before lever
shocks were invented, even).

Kristian Chronister had this to say:

--

Max Heim