re: Soda blasting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Soda blasting
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:47:03 EDT
I think the confusion is based on the word "sand" in sand blasting.  If you
go to a Auto Store and ask for "sandblasting" sand they usually give you coal
slag without even a comment.  Few people use actual "sand" because the silica
in it causes cancer, doesn't work too well, and it does a rough job on your
nozzles.  I have used coal slag for a long time and haven't had any warping
problems on my MGs.

In any event, if you aren't going to sandblast it yourself (which by the
original posting it seemed) then the choice of blasting goes mainly to the
blaster...  I'm sure they've got thier own preferences.

  -John