Re: Soda Blasting

To: dmeadow@juno.com, mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soda Blasting
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 01:07:42 EDT
Soda blasting versus sand blasting to avoid warping body panels is a little
bit overboard for an MG Midget.  I'd say that soda blasting is more for
delicate aluminum  or thin hand made panels...  The Midget is made of pretty
stout stuff, even if it is the later Midgets with the thinner sheet metal.
It should hold up, without warping, to sandblasting.  The question is with
sandblasting though, do you want to use aluminum carbide, coal slag, or
something else?  And will you be using a suction feed sandblaster or a
pressure feed sandblaster?

I happen to use a suction feed but that was because it was cheaper.  And I
use coal slag because its locally available (under the brand name "Black
Beauty")

I also have an XJ-S, mine is an 86  Great cars those things.

-John