Ready at last - surprise no backfire anymore

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ready at last - surprise no backfire anymore
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:37:43 -0400
With the help of so many local Dutch people and of course of many listers as
well my '71 BGT is finaly ready for official registration. Today I secured
the second battery (oversized - so the original clamps don't fit), made the
final trim ready - got the heater valve really closing now and had the air
filters mounted after finalizing the setup of the choke..

I fired it up and it ran smoothly!
I drove it out of the garage and it had so much power now and no backfire at
all!
My son had a theoretical approach: if I mount the filters, it would force a
richer mixture.
I think he's right the backfire is completely away and a short test drive
showed a lively performance!

Looking forward to the test now and have it registered with licence plates.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT ready for the test