Midget Hardtop - DIfferences and other questions....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Hardtop - DIfferences and other questions....
From: mgraziano@mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:29:46 -0400
Hey all.

I just tentatively agreed to buy a factory Midget hardtop, unseen.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between hardtops? Are they year
specific? I have a '78. If there are different characteristics for early or
later cars, which characteristics do I need to look for. The woman I spoke to
doesn't know if there is a difference between years.

It has no dents, and original glass. Not sure on the hardware. I assume the
rubbers will need to be replaced. WHat does a factory hardtop look like.

She says it's factory, but I want to be able to make sure. ANyone have
pictures? How difficult and expensive is it to find the hardware, if it's not
there?

And what's a fair price for a factory hardtop in the above condition?

It's located in Durham SC. I'm up here in Brooklyn. Is there anyone local that
can take a look at it? She won't have it for another week or so. Someone bought
it from her, thinking that it would fit a B. He's returning it one day next
week.

Michael
'78 Midget