RE: Trans dipstick - terrible wrong oil example

To: wcameyer@email.msn.com, bwatson@bayflash.stpt.usf.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Trans dipstick - terrible wrong oil example
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 02:04:52 -0400
Better still to use non-synthetic.

Now the example:

A few years ago a classic plane DC3 Dakota crashed total loss in the
Netherlands, because it was not controllable anymore.
Reason: a control valve was stuck, because the oil used in this system was
of a modern type. The rubber parts in the valve wer "eaten" by the modern
oil. So the story was told in the Dutch newspaper.

All people died in this crash and after this event the local regulations for
flights with older planes have been made very tight.

Cheers,

Hans