Re: 71 MGB trans dipstick?

To: jlynne <jlynne@Divanet.net>
Subject: Re: 71 MGB trans dipstick?
From: Elliott DeGraff <degraff@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:44:40 -0400
Samuel,

As others have posted, the dipstick is conveniently ;) accessible from
behind the radio console, under a flap of the carpet and a largish
rubber grommet.  Be careful of the wires back there as you will be doing
most of this by braille. You will probably skin some knuckles pulling
out the dipstick.  Filling the trans with Castrol 20W-50 is the easiest
part IF you get a Lubrimatic 11244 fluid quart pump from your local Penn
auto or other parts store.  If you can't get it there, the 11245 Marine
Unit Quart pump can be had at a boat supply store. Either pump screws
right onto the Castrol oil bottle and you can pump the oil right into
your trans through the enclosed long hose. If you have trouble tracking
the pump down, contact Lubrimatic at 847-465-9944 or fax 847-465-1787.

Elliott DeGraff
2 71Bs