Re: The Prince of Darkness is kicking my butt!!

To: <Nferre@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Prince of Darkness is kicking my butt!!
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:25:24 +0100
Passenger side?  Which is that?  I'll presume RHS.

Check if you have 12v across the horn spades when the button is pushed.

If you do then the horn is duff, twiddling the screw may help.

If you don't then measure the voltage from each spade to a good ground while
the button is pushed.  You should have 12v on the purple and 0v on the
purple/black.  If you have much less than 12v on the purple one of the two
connections in the purple back to the 4-way bullet connector is bad.  If you
have much more than 0v on the purple/black then ditto on that wire back to
its 4-way bullet connector. Check the voltages on the working horn as a
guide to what expect on the other, but bear in mind that there could be a
marginal connection in the feed to both horns and the voltage is just enough
to operate one horn but not the other.

PaulH.