Re: Classic fuel starvation 77B

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: Classic fuel starvation 77B
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 09:25:07 -0400
Bud,
  Check that the line(s) from the charcoal adsorbtion cannister to the
separator in the boot are clear. Mine plugged with a mix of rust and
stale gas, but I was able to blow it clear with lung power.  The air to
replace fuel pumped out of the tank should enter the bottom of the
adsorbtion cannister, pass through the filter, charcoal and then out the
top, be routed via a line to the separator and then to the tank.
  If you can't clear it, you can drive with the gas cap loose, or with a
notch cut in it's gasket as a temporary thing.
Bob