Overdrive again

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive again
From: "delling3" <delling3@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:06:59 -0400
Hey all-

I was talking to a local LBC wrench the other day about my balky overdrive.
Upon hearing that the problem seems to be heat related, he indicated that it
was almost certainly electical in nature.  Reasoning is that with the
overdrive switched out, the oil is still circulating continuously, and is
not able to cool.  The fact that the symptoms subside after several minutes
of driving without overdrive indicates that the "culprit" is cooling off,
and in turn functions properly again.  This can only be somthing in the
electrical circuit, as the oil isn't cooling off.  This seems logical to
me - anyone have an alternate opinion?

Regards,

Chris Delling