Re: Alternator mounting parts needed

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator mounting parts needed
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:04:39 -0400
Hi Bud,
   hhmmm... I'm just about to do the dead opposite.
Add A/C in.

Do you have the squarish bodied compressor that
somewhat hangs from the big adapter plate and has
the alternator kind of on top of the plate?

What bracket are you looking for? The little adjusting strap that
would go on the bottom of a stock mounted alternator?

Your top mounts should be OK as is, you just need bolts.

Could you, would you.... snap a photo or 2,3... of the A/C hardware
as installed as you start to take it apart.  Mainly, trying to
show as much 'position' and 'mount bracket detail as possible.
That is... dryer mount location, condenser plumbing
routing etc.  If needed I could send you one of those 'one use'
cameras.  I have a few, but very blurry, photos my A/C it's PO
took, but he really didn't show any system detail.
What I really need is what the stack (compressor/alt) looks like, hose
routing
and ducting etc.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
To me at a minimum....  it's worth the bracketry  you.
I could possibly just send you mine as I remove it, or I'm sure
I probably have one laying around.

TIA

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com