Installed started and it seems to bind...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installed started and it seems to bind...
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 20:25:32 -0600 (MDT)
I am installing my engine in my car.  When I was re-gapping the valves
I could barely turn the engine more than an inch or so.  The engine
spun very freely (with out plugs installed) prior to installing the
starter.  I pulled the starter and was again able to turn the engine
freely.  I went ahead and gapped the valves.  Unless I am mistaken the
starter should not be engaged at all when at rest.  The starter never
showed any sign of problems during the 45 days I used it prior to
tearing the car apart.

Any thoughts on why it might be binding down?

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren