Re: Rally, a little closer -AND- ATW rally photos

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rally, a little closer -AND- ATW rally photos
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 22:37:52 -0500
At 04:49 PM 7/3/2000 EDT, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>Our RoadRally on August 26th will be a little closer to Colorado than
Allentown, PA.  It will take place in Chester County, PA.  I figure, that's
about 20 miles closer!

Heck, we run rallys somewhere in Illinois all the time, like at least every
couple of weeks.  What kind do you like?  We have TSD Navigational class,
Seat of the Pants class, Novice class, TSD tour rally and sometimes TSD
trap rally, and always a gimmick rally going on somewhere.  The Chicagoland
MG Club is doing its traditional Lucas Memorial Night Rally on August 5th.

And if others do have rally events going on, or autocross, funkhana, etc,
do keep us informed.  Heck, east coast is just a day's drive from Chicagoo,
and Colorado only two days (if you insist on sleeping occasionally).

For anyone interrested, I just returned from a two day trip of chasing the
Around The World In 80 Days rally cars around the back roads of Michigan.
My digital camera says I got 160 pictures, many of which will be on the web
in day or two.  For this latest 1403 mile road trip the MGA ran flawlessly,
except for white power wire to the ignition coil breaking at the end
connector afters many years of vibration.  Three minute fix to stripped and
crimp, and back on the road without delay.  The rally cars were doing
equally as well with nothing serious happening to any of then on July 2nd,
and a couple of them even recovering somewhat from earlier problems.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (and more fresh dirt)
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg