The weep of death

To: <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: The weep of death
From: "Colin Brown" <ccbrown@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:38:25 +0100
Hi Joe,
You are referring to Holt's Radweld,  a 2oz can to a radiator  of hot
circulating water would plug minor leaks in the system. (It might even
still be available in the UK).
Scalded fingers if you were not very careful.

I once tried a chemical analysis,  to make up a match, as my 1938 Ford
Popular
( a box on wheels but fondly my first motor with a reverse gear!) in
1960 was past its best and I was buying Radweld on a regular basis!

I did not succeed in cracking the chemical code, but later was told
that the active ingredient was a vegetable copra by-product, so from a
standing start,that would indeed   have been difficult  for me to
identify.
Cheers
Colin.
'67B