Re: New blood

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New blood
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 19:24:42 -0500
At 01:20 PM 7/6/2000 -0700, Walt Goddard wrote:
>.... Everyone has to start somewhere and encouraging interest in a
specific area helps them make their mind up and just may create a younger
Barney Gaylord, ....

Hey, I already have one of those.  He is called Elliot.  Whenever we go
anywhere I can ask "Which car should we take?", and he nearly always
answers "Take the MG".  At 10 years old he's still not much into wrenching,
but he will help out in a pinch.  On the flip side he's already mean on go
carts, loves to rally, and will be standing very close by with a helmet in
hand looking for an empty seat whenever we have fun runs after an
autocross.  Several weeks ago he was the rallymaster for a TSD rally and
did a pretty decent job of it.  He absolutely loved the day of hot footed
MGA cruising about the backroads in upper Michigan chasing the ATW rally
cars for pictures in the dust and mud.  He also prefers to run the
backroads anywhere when cruising, the more remote the better.  And he's
already a bonafide member of two car clubs and never misses a meeting.  I'm
pretty sure he will be wanting one of these "big go carts" when old enough
to drive.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (and seldom an empty seat)
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg