Re: Rover woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover woes
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 22:09:30 +0000
Durinx Willy wrote:

> New man
> As well as the 240mph McLaren F1, Peter Stevens designed the Jaguar
> XJR15 and Lotus Elan M100, and was also head of design at Lamborghini.
> The appointment of the 55-year-old car collector - who owns a number
> of classic MGs - to head up Longbridge's development team will give
> Rover a big boost.
> He is expected to give priority to engineering a new range of MG-
> badged cars, including a flagship supercar developed in partnership
> with racing car group Lola.

Woohoo, sounds like he has his priorities in the right order!  Put me
down for one of those them thar 'supercar's with the big MG badge on the
front!

> owns a number of classic MGs

I wonder which MG Car Club he belongs to?  They are going to be the envy
of the MG block, aren't they?

For those into other fast car stuff and know of Panoz Motorsports (or
whatever they are called), Mr Panoz owns the LeMans series and a few
tracks in the USA.  He has also opened an office here in Adelaide, South
Australia, particularly as we will host the Le Mans race for this region
(on New Year's Eve) and he has commenced negotiations to open a car
manufacturing plant here to manufacture 'boutique' sports cars of the
type that his Panoz team (with Aussie driver Geoff Brabham) races.

I still think that that maybe he could have bought the MG name and then
could have been building these MG beasts in my home town... cool!

Oh well....  still sounds like something good may be happeneing in
MG-land.

Eric
'68MGB MkII