Re: Exhaust

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:22:51 -0600 (MDT)
wow, Stuart.  Thanks for all the info.  My system could best be described
as a PECO system without the bright paint that the catalog shows.  I love
the sound of the single rear muffler, and it hasn't missed a beat in the
14 years it has been on the car.  I have decided to abandon the multipiece
pipe and weld the pipe to the dpwnpipe to do away with the clamp under the
floor.  For those who suggested it, I have tried putting the clamp
sideways and it usually lasts 2 weeks there (double the life of the
downfacing clamps). Even with all the proper mounts, I can't keep the
exhaust off the ground, so tonight I will weld the system together and see
low long it takes to wear through that.  Thanks everyone for your advice
and suggestions.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
'63 Buick 215

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari