Re: That broken bolt again

To: Chris Rose <chris_rose@totalise.co.uk>
Subject: Re: That broken bolt again
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:41:24 -0500
Hi Chris,

  Someone probably put in a "stove bolt" as we call them here.  It's
kind of a generic term for the mild steel bolts found in most hardware
stores.

  I didn't see your first post, so I don't know where this bolt is
located on the car.  I'll presume it's on the engine somewhere - maybe
the thermostat area? - that you can apply heat to where it's screwed
in.  First apply lots of penetrating oil (I expect you've done that),
tap the end of the bolt from side to side a few times to loosen it up,
get on it with your locking pliers, heat the area where the bolt is
screwed in, with a torch, whilst applying torque to the bolt.  This has
usually worked for me.  YMMV.

  CR