Re: 68B Steel Wheels and Tires

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: 68B Steel Wheels and Tires
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:15:05 -0600
Well Max,

I hope you are right because its highly likely I am going to take your
advice. My 67BGT needs new tires and I hate to give up my 165s (old as they
are). And I sure don't want to go any larger than I have to. I've been
pondering the tires for a few months and had it narrowed down to Pirelli
P400s or the Michellin "Rain Force" or MX-4.

Due to the increasing scarcity of 175s, it wasn't too hard to narrow down
the brands. Another factor, however, is the tire place close to work does
have Michellins and they work on wire wheels (I asked them that before I
even had them). On the other hand, the only dealer in town that stocks
Pirellis according to the phone book is Sears.  I generally like Sears but
somehow I think I'm going to get the blank stare when I mention "wire
wheels" there. So Michellins it is.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT