Re:Boost

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Boost
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:54:39 EDT
In a message dated 2000-07-12 6:30:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

<<  This
 way, I get fresh cool air into the carb, I get a couple PSI boost at
 speed,  >>

You think so, do you? Get an engineer to work it out for you, or just duct
tape a manometer in the right place and go for a run. I believe that by the
time you register 2 psi positive pressure at the carbs, you will be doing
trans-warp speeds (and will be liable to be pulled over by a Klingon battle
cruiser - those guys don't have much patience with law-breakers!).

Seriously, you can probably get the air in through the front of the car, not
as easily I grant you, but without risking the wrath of the styling police.
But then if you are a born rebel, and don't care about that sort of thing, by
all means have a go. Personally, opening up what looks like it should be an
air intake anyway rates low on the list of styling crimes. If you have the
whole glass MGC bonnet, why not use it - lighter and easier to modify -
bonding glass to glass is a lot easier than bonding it to metal, which often
requires supplementary pop rivets, which in turn need a layer of filler to
cover, which in turn often cracks.......

Bill