scratches on crank - oh no!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: scratches on crank - oh no!
From: "simon hurley" <simonsensis@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:07:53 PDT
Took out the crank from my 77 B.  To my dismay there are small scratches or
scoring around the  front big end.  The shell is also scored.  Does this
mean a regrind or just new shells?  I will not be using the car for more
than a 1000 miles a year - down the road to the pub and back on a fine
summers evenings.  There are not a lot of fine summers evenings in up state
New York hence not many miles.

Thanks for the advice on the piston rings, I am still trying to digest  and
understand the information, I will be back.

Regards
Simon