Re: Fuel pump - ultimate solution

To: barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: Re: Fuel pump - ultimate solution
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:36:21 -0400
   Can't speak to the controlling interest in the SU pump company, but MG
did use dual pumps on at least one model.
  The TD MkII was equipped with a second pump, mounted on the firewall
adjacent to the first pump, and pulling from a second copper line to the
bottom of the fuel tank.  The fuel then went forward through two coupled
lines to the front carb banjo, and a balance line hooked fuel supply of
front and rear carbs together.
  Both pumps were wired together, though one pump will easily supply the
engine. Some owners now have them hooked to a switch so that pump #1 or
#2 or neither can be in use.
  Twin pumps -- the perfect arrangement for those days when the 1248 cc
engine is sucking down more than the ten gallons per hour that one pump
can provide.
Bob