Re: ultimate fuel pump

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>, cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com,
Subject: Re: ultimate fuel pump
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
1500 Midget Mechanical pump.
Left side rear of engine. There are two types. One uses a spacer, the other
doesn't. Both run off the cam. The only good place I can think of to mount a
non-mechanical pump is in the right rear just forward of the fuel tank.
There isn't really any room to safely mount one in the non-spacious engine
compartment.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:48:35 -0400, Jim Stuart wrote:

>  Charles-
>
>  Your Midget fuel system is no different than an MGB except for part
>  no's. Any of the SU pumps will "flow through" if not operating, as will
>  the Facet. This may not hold true for other types of pumps, but you are
>  safe with these. Been doing it for several years now.
>
>  Not sure of the best mounting place for a second pump in a Midget, its
>  been a long time since I sold my last one.
>

>  Why electric pumps in place of mechanical? One reason is location.
>  Narrow frame rails on our cars, esp. the Midget, & steering racks can
>  interfere with the location of a mechanical pump, usually driven off the
>  cam & located in the front of the engine. The 1500 midget (with the
>  Triumph engine) did use a mechanical pump.
>
>  Jim Stuart

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.