Tach, fuel gauge, turn signals all periodically cut out

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach, fuel gauge, turn signals all periodically cut out
From: "Keith Gernert" <kgernert@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:52:16 -0400
I've been enjoying having my 79 B back on the road, after some down time with a
universal joint replacement project gone awry.

However, at random points during my commute this week, I've had periods of time
where the tachometer quits, as do the fuel gauge and turn signals.  This will
happen
while happily humming along the interstate at 70 MPH.  So far, everything has
come
back to life eventually, after anywhere from a few moments to about a minute.

I'm willing to bet the culprit is the ubiquitous "bad ground", but where should
I start
looking?

--
Keith Gernert