Re: MGB-GT's vs. Triumph GT6's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB-GT's vs. Triumph GT6's
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:27:24 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/00 10:29:53 AM, lbcholt@one.net writes:

<< I recently saw some Triumph GT6's at a Cincinnati-area British Car Day.  I
like the looks of the GT6's vs. the MGB-GT's.  How do the two cars compare
otherwise?  I know the Triumph is a six cylinder car and I don't think
there were as many of GT6's built as compared to the MG's.  Outside of
that, I don't know much (except that the GT6 Mark II's apparently are the
best of the GT6 lot).

I have mucho experience in an MGB-GT but only drove a (new) GT-6 once, back
in 69 when a B-GT was my everyday car.  I was impressed by its acceleration
and handling generally, although the early model swing axles were more than a
little scary.  They biggest surprise I had was how much smaller the interior
of the GT-6 was compared to the B-GT.  I thought the B was small until I got
into the Triumph.  Maybe my sense of proportion was distorted, but I swear it
looked 25% smaller inside, and that doesn't leave a lot of space for stuff
besides your body and a carry-on bag.  That's one of the great things about
the B-GT, enough room for enough stuff.

J Donoghue
72 B
72 B-GT