Re: Judson Electronic Magneto

To: <WRROOPE@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Judson Electronic Magneto
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 12:37:16 -0700
Thanks to all who replied. I have found a complete manual online at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Karmann_Ghia_Registry/judsonmag.htm
thanks to Jeff & Karen Lipnichan for anyone who is interested. Incidently
there is a whole Judson oriented community at Judson@autox.team.net.

re:
> a magneto makes it's own power so the only wire hookup would be for a kill
> switch, which in turn runs to ground.

That's what you & I think of as a magneto, apparently Judson had a rather
more liberal interpretation of the concept. Their "Electronic Magneto" is
somewhat questionable as to how electronic and how much of it is a magneto.
It's no Vertex Scintella (if I remember the spelling correctly). It is
actually a coil with some rather cool aluminum cooling fins, a couple of
gizmos attached to the case, etc. How much good it actually does is beyond
me. I just want to install it because 1. I have it.. & 2. Its cool looking,
& 3. The car needs a coil anyway.

Mike Singleton