Judson Electronic Magneto

To: "MG's" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Judson Electronic Magneto
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:20:52 -0700
I'm  looking for information on a Judson electronic Magneto. For those who
are of sufficient age, you may remember this as an aftermarket coil marketed
by the same folks who brought us the Judson Superchargers. I have one of
these units, which came with my MG some 20+ years ago. I removed it some
time ago for reasons which now escape me. I was rummaging around in the
garage recently and decided that I should try to re-install the unit.
However, I don't have any literature on the unit. Unfortunately Judson has
passed on, as near as I can tell.

What I need to know is whether the Judson needs a ballast resistor in the
circuit or not. So the question is does it run on 12 volts or what?

Thanks for the help
Mike Singleton