Ignition Coils

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition Coils
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
I just bought a stock ignition coil from propermg for 19.95 although I
could have bought the Lucas sports coil at 40,000 volts for a few dollars
more. ProperMG is having a sale right now!

So, what voltage is the standard coil, 20,000 volts? How much does the
sports coil actually gain? I would imagine MG put a coil that was more
than satisfactory on the car when they sold it and adding higher voltage
coils only helps a small bit. Am I totally off here?

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || Violence is only for those who have run out of good
geoffeg@sloth.org || ideas.