back from Morgantown

To: "Mgs@Autox.Team.Net (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: back from Morgantown
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:17:18 -0400
Now back to work and re-subscribed.  Did I miss much?

My car ran great throughout all of the wonderful twisties on this 1400 mile
trip.  Never failed me once, but warned me so I could make a fix.  Water
pump was on way out.  Got me to Morgantown where Cecilia from Scarborough
had a spare.  Two beers later, new one was on.  Immediately noticed temp
dropped of 10 deg f.

Great time, great people, great roads, and only one day of rain, car show
day, which suited me just fine as I just have an old driver.<g>  Check out
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgar/ for all of the gory details.  I'm even in a
couple of the pictures (OEW car). ;^)  Best thing I did was send a box with
clothes and supplies ahead to the hotel.  Cost $19 to send, and once I added
everything I bought (plus the old water pump) cost $38 to ship home.  Also
left lots of room in the car for tools and spare parts.

Only thing I have to do is re-supply my parts box as my spare fuel hose was
used by Jeff Zorn on his Magnette when it broke down late Sunday night,
clogged fuel filter :-(, and my spare points were used by Steve Holliday on
the return trip!  Glad I had the spares.

So, since the A is in good shape, it's time to get to work on the B.  I'm
sure I will be asking lots of questions.

Got to meet listers Mike Razor, Bill Holt, and Gary Kendall.  Hope to meet
more of you at future events.

Thanks to all for all of the past help I have received from this list, and
in advance for all of the questions I will be asking in the future.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB