RE: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder

To: "Mgs@Autox.Team.Net (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:29:15 -0400
Bill, I haven't done one of those, but did do the dual MC on my A.  Pretty
straight forward job.  IMHO definately a home repair job.

BTW, this is where learning to shift without a clutch comes in handy.  Kinda
scary learning, but if you take it slow, you'll do no damage.  Just hold the
rpms @ 3k (give or take) to where the shifter moves easily out of gear, then
gently guide the shifter towards the new gear while looking for the correct
rpm.  Once correct rpm is hit, shifter will easily move into new gear.
Forcing is NOT necessary.  It will take a few times to get it the first
time, but note what rpm it works at and it will get easier.
This has worked on all manual trans cars I have owned and currently own, but
of course YMMV.
Flame suit on. :-)

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird