Re: Oregon LBC info needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oregon LBC info needed
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:15:01 -0700
>To all Pacific Northwest Listers:
>
>I am staying outside of Portland, OR for the next several weeks, and I met a
>young man today who just bought a blaze orange 1979 MGB (registered as a
>1980).  I am always happy to show new LBC owners the little quirks and
>oddities that make our cars special!
>I know there are listers who live in the Portland area, and was wondering if
>there are any MG/British Car clubs in the area.  If you could get me the
>address, meeting area, and any other pertinent info, I will appreciate it.
>Also, could you tell me if there are any recommended local parts suppliers
>and their numbers if possible.  Are there any LBC meets planned for the end
>of this month or in August?

There are two MG clubs in Portland... Club T MG and the Columbia
Gorge MGA Club (CGMGA).
Club T has a meet down in Bend the first weekend of August. They also
have there monthly meeting at Elmer's Pancake House on the second
tuesday of the month.

As for CGMGA we just had our yearly TSD rally last weekend. It was
fun! We did fairly well 15th out of 50. It wasn't in any of the MG's
had to take the Mazda since my 14 week old son was along for the
trip. I think we could have made the top 10 if it wasn't for a couple
poorly time diaper changes. Got to start them young!  But back on
track... from older issue of CGMGA  Announcer.... August 2-6 National
Triumph Conv. (Alpha national was last week), 11th, Summer Night club
meeting & Nite Rally, 13th Brunch & Tour, 19th Tour to the Coast.
The coast tour is usually fun... lots of twisty back roads and a
rather brisk speed. Scared people with my Dad's TF a couple years
ago, they couldn't believe that I was keeping up with the rest of the
pack.

If anybody wants more info drop an e-mail... quicker response can be
had by e-mail laner@boyds.com. Between work and a small child I'm
pretty busy and don't look at the list that much.

-Lane