Re: Starting a New Engine

To: Randy Trautman <trautman@nwlink.com>
Subject: Re: Starting a New Engine
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:42:55 -0500
Hi Randy,

  Here's what I did: filled the oil cooler and hoses, likewise the
filter.  Also poured oil into the cooler-hose fitting on the block in an
attempt to prime the pump and galleries.  Then spun the engine with the
starter (no spark plugs) until the oil pressure built up.  This took a
lot longer than I thought it would.  Then put in the plugs and started
her up.

 Welcome to the list,

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B