Re: MG-Road-rage-and-hand gun-in the press

To: Scotty <scotty@dove.net.au>
Subject: Re: MG-Road-rage-and-hand gun-in the press
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:45:07 +0000
Scotty wrote:

> Road-rage driver wields hand gun.
>
> A man was threatened with a gun during a road rage incident yesterday.
> The man was driving his car on Target Hill Rd, Greenwith, about 9.30am
> when he was passed by a male driving an MG sports car.  The driver of
> the MG braked heavily in front of the man.
> Police said that while stopped at traffic lights the victim left his
> car and approached the mans driver-side window to complain about his
> driving.  The offender drew a hand gun and threatened the man who ran
> back to his vehicle.

OK,  Scotty, my head says "bad, bad, bad, stupid, lock the guy up and
throw away the key", but somewhere deep down inside a little voice says
"but remember how threatened you felt last time some jerk came storming
up to your open-top little car, with nasty intent.  You couldn't wind up
the windows or lock the doors and he was suddenly towering over you.

Why did the guy get out of his car and go over to the MG?  That is an
EXTREME act of aggression on the road.

OK, I go with my head and reckon this guy with the gun (I wonder if it
was a real gun??? - ooops, doesn't matter) should be locked up.  But the
guy who got out of his car to go over to the MG also needs something
done to him (and probably a new set of underwear).  I can't stand bully
boys on the road.

"the victim left his car and approached the mans driver-side window to
complain about his driving"

Makes it sound quite calm and considered, doesn't it... but who reckons
the "victim" walked calmly up to the MG, saying, "hey, old boy... pulled
up a bit sharp, what?"

Hmmmmm

Eric
'68MGB MkII