Re: Teens & clutches OT

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Teens & clutches OT
From: "Dennis J. Buster" <dbuster@integramn.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:17:28 -0500
Carl--

I remember my dad trying to teach me to drive a stick shift back in the Dark
Ages. First day was pretty rocky -- lots of stalls and jumpy starts. That
evening, as I was lying in bed, I tried to "see" myself using the gas and
clutch in my mind's eye. Same way, I guess, that a ballplayer envisions how
he's going to hit a pitch. It actually worked. Went out the next day and had
absolutely no problems. Just tried to imagine what it would look like --
depressing the clutch in the same proportion as I was letting up on the gas
pedal and then pressing the gas pedal in the same proportion as I was
releasing the clutch. It actually worked. Used that trick lots of other
times when I was a kid, and it worked every time.

Dennis Buster
'71 and '73 Midgets