Re: Race prepping

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race prepping
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:27:32 EDT
In a message dated 01/08/00 10:37:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> BTW.  My vintage race MGB is a perfect example of what not to do.  I
>  have a very hot engine that was built by someone who knew what he was
doing.
>  I dropped it in my car and bolted up a distributor and Weber DCOE carb.
The
>  performance is disapointing.

Kelvin - toss the Weber and fit some HS6 SUs - lots easier to tune and
virtually a toss up for power (Weber gives a bit better top end, the SUs seem
to give a little more midrange torque, depending on tune.

Having said that, I have to admit to using Webers on both my race cars, but
then both of them have the number of intake ports God (who no doubt drives a
Twincam) and Abingdon intended them to have, so I can run twin Webers on them.

Good advice to Larry, BTW.

Bill S.