Re: Shock replacement

To: dbgaither@worldnet.att.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shock replacement
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:41:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/00 12:51:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dbgaither@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< My questions are:

 Is there any reason to replace both shocks at the same time?  (even though
 the other is seemingly 'good')

 I've heard many comments about faulty rebuilt units.  I've also read that a
 brand-new unit is a better deal because you KNOW it has not been rebuilt
 umpteen times.  So, are new shocks really the way to go?  What is your
 experience?

 And lastly, are the 20% stiffer valves a good idea for the front?  (I'm
 running stock height with 3/4" sway bar). >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would replace them in pairs because you want them to act the same on both
sides of the car.

If you buy rebuilts from a reliable source you will be fine and save some
money.  I strongly suggest lister Peter C. of Worldwide Imports.  He is well
respected in this business and I know he stands by his products and knows
what he is doing.  Send an e-mail to him at nosimport@mailbag.com.

Ask Peter about valving the shox for the way you drive.  Stiffer is better
for racing, softer for the street.  He will not steer you wrong or bounce you
around.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget