Re: Bonnet bondo

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Bonnet bondo
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:38:40 +0100
Having just repainted my bonnet I found some filler under the paint where
there were some dents above one of the reinforcing channels, which is why
they couldn't be beaten out. This was at least 1/8" thick and showed no
signs of cracking (and the reason for repainting was poor paint adhesion and
bad chipping at the front!).  Whilst the amount of flexing over the length
of the bonnet may be felt to be 'considerable', the amount for any typical
area of filler is actually minute.

PaulH.