Re: 78B exhaust problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 78B exhaust problems
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:11:17 -0400
Steve,
Make sure the exhaust pipe support at the bell housing is in place and
that the pipe is clamped to it. If not, I would not be surprised if your
leak is really a cracked neck on the cat con. If that is not the problem
then you may have to remove the manifold from the engine to successfully
tighten the bolts. Going thru all that trouble, maybe the fasteners
should be safety wired also.
Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com