Re: 78B exhaust problems

To: <PAINTRIX@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 78B exhaust problems
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:49:45 -0700
I have found that a really good 1/2" swivel socket, get one from Snap-On or
Proto, or someone who has a unit with really thin socket walls helps a whole
lot. Additionally, if you are going to take the whole mess apart, replace
the nuts with new, silicon-bronze nuts (5/16 - SAE) from the manifold
through the exhaust.  These guys are somewhat self lubricating in
installation, and do not corrode and bond themselves to the steel studs. If
you can find over-height nuts, so much the better. Some of the MG suppliers
list them, if not your local fastner supply house can get them for you in
quantities of 50 or 100. This might not be too expensive a route to go,
unless the fastner guys need a minimum $ order, as you will be using 10 or
so for your job. If you have a friend, or friends with MG's everyone should
use these guys.

Mike Singleton