Re: Universal Joint Replacement

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Universal Joint Replacement
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 10:54:23 -0700
I've been changing U-joints for the last 25 years and have never yet used a
press! (Not because I didn't have one, either;  in fact, I have both a 12-
and 20-ton press in the shop.)

I always use a bench vise with a 6" throat and that has never failed me yet.
So, changing u-joints should be possible for anyone with a big bench vise.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center