Re: What are the true benefits of a Weber carb?

To: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: What are the true benefits of a Weber carb?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 20:53:25 -0700
David,

Thanks - that's very helpful.  Seems to be performance and response are the
factors.  I understand that with the carb I also have to change the
exhaust.  What has to get changed to help choke diamter?  Knowing this
group, I'm guessing somewhere there's a recommended "List of Things To
Change When Converting from a Zenith to a Weber".  Know where that list
might be?

However, going to a Weber will wait until I put OD in.  That's a definite
priority.

I know Weber makes it harder to pass emissions.  We don't have emissions
testing in my area, but I'm not looking to make some belching air-abusive
car either.  I'm not an enviro-nut, but I try not to be overly
disrespectful either.  What emissions part is the Weber particularly bad in?

Thanks for the informative answers...

- Tab