Re: What are the true benefits of a Weber carb?

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: What are the true benefits of a Weber carb?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 14:41:21 -0700
I don't believe the Weber is particularly different from an emissions
standpoint. I think what you are referring to is that many jurisdictions
require a visual inspection for original required emissions equipment,
and a non-original carburetor will cause you to flunk automatically. One
good thing in this regard is that very few inspectors have any notion
what to look for in cars of this vintage (certainly no references on
hand), so you can often breeze through this part so long as it isn't too
obviously kludged or race-prepped, and pass-or-fail on the actual
emissions results. This depends on your state of origin, of course, but
even in California you could get away with this. Now cars up to (or
through?) 1973 are exempt in CA, so it isn't an issue for many MGs.

Tab Julius had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149