Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure

To: Mark and kathy LaPierre <mgtrcars@cyberlink.com>
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 00:20:13 -0400
Mark and kathy LaPierre wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> As a  present owner of  Pertronix assisted cars can you guys give us a
> little more info. on  possible things that may have caused your units to go
> out.

  I used to be a big preacher of the joy of Pertronix, but then
mine let go.

  Sudden, instant failure. I was close to home too so I doubt
underbonnet
heat had much to do with it.

  Walked home and took the distributor from the (then stripped) ZB
Magnette
and drove home.

  When I removed the pertronix it actually came apart in my hands
as well, definately NOT the cause of the breakdown but another
weak link in the design.

  It was under warranty, so I sent it back and they sent me
a new one. I probably would have tried it again but I had
already installed a Crane I got off ebay so I sold it to
a lister.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca